BODY COMPOSITION AND METABOLIC ANALYSIS
We can also provide body fat and metabolism testing services to your clients, either on request by clients or on an ongoing basis at your site.
Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis
Bioelectrical impedance analysis is a fast and efficient way to assess client’s body composition. We use the Maltron BF900 which provides us with accurate data on
- body fat percentage, kilograms and individual ideal ranges
- lean tissue percentage and kilograms
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- Water volume in litres, as a percentage and individual ideal range
The benefit to the client includes:
- certainty of fat loss, not muscle loss
- dietary and exercise recommendations based on results
- body composition monitoring in association with specific ageing and/or medical conditions
- assessment of growth development and age related changes in children and adolescents
This test is non-invasive, takes around 15 minutes to perform and can be done onsite. As an exercise physiologist, I can interpret these results accurately and provide professional advice and recommendations on exercise programming, energy intake and the need for further investigations.
We are also taking expressions of interest for this gold standard metabolic assessment. Indirect caliometry is an effective and non-invasive way to accurately assess your client’s metabolic profile and identify dysfunction. This assessment provides insight into why weight loss may not be occurring and provides practitioners and clients with accurate data to improve their intervention. It can also be used to fine-tune both exercise and dietary programs to optimise results.
Indirect caliometry can be used to:
- perform a valid, reliable and accurate assessment of patient’s metabolic profile.
- provide specific treatments to correct abnormalities detected during patient testing.
- classify a patient’s metabolism as slow, normal or fast.
- determine a patient’s use of glucose or fat to generate energy.
- assess a patient’s mitochondrial function.
- determine the success or failure of a treatment regime to correct energy dysfunction.
For more information about these assessments or to indicate an expression of interest in Indirect Caliometry, please contact us.