HEALTH AND NUTRITION WORKSHOPS
I have been teaching and lecturing for over 10 years in the fitness industry and education is a core tenet of my business. I run Healthy Living workshops for my own clients and have taught CEC courses for personal trainers and can provide similar services for your clients and PTs onsite.
I have found that my clients are more likely to adhere to my intervention if they know why they are doing what they are doing. My client workshops have been hugely successful at increasing client adherence, success and satisfaction with our services.
I can provide workshops for your clients onsite covering topics such as low carb healthy fat nutrition, intermittent fasting, fitness as medicine or chronic disease management through lifestyle interventions; or I can tailor a workshop to suit a specific topic of interest. Presentations typically last for 45 minutes with a Q&A at the end for an additional 30-45 minutes; however, we can tailor the workshop length and the content to suit your clients and needs. Workshop participants receive a copy of the workshop material and are given opportunities to apply principles to their own situations.
PT Education Workshops
Due to the increasing number of Australians with chronic illness, I also run workshops for PTs covering:
- why fitness is essential for managing and reversing chronic illness
- the latest health and exercise research on CVD, diabetes and obesity with simple strategies to assist in managing them
- simple and effective HIIT programs used in research
- research showing that it is a low cardiorespiratory fitness (not obesity) that is the greatest risk for any cause of death
- problematic myths of the industry that are ultimately hurting our clients and preventing them from reaching their goals
If this is something that is of interest to you, we can offer corporate pricing for company-wide training or individual prices for trainers. This workshop will provide one CEC from the category of “In-House Training” with Fitness Australia.